Search within NeptuneCafe
"The progression will seem to manifest first as a feeling or need and then as an action"
"Progressions are the way the cosmos manifests through us, as compared to a transit, which manifests on us."
"Progressions are a richer source of information than transits. They tap into the realm of the inner, personal world, showing both day-to-day motivations as well as unshakable life statements or desires."
"Astrologers need the asteroids because the tradi-tional planets simply do not and cannot fully explain the issues which are emerging - simply because they are new."
"Before the use of asteroids, the only significators of the feminine in the traditional chart interpretation were the Moon and Venus. The socially acceptable roles for women were the Moon as mother and Venus as mate."
"Ceres, Pallas, June and Vesta represent the new voices of the dormant feminine, recently activated and now demanding power, recognition, justice, and equality in our society."
on the cosmos
Astrology is not concretely predictive, but archetypally predictive."
"The modern dismissal of astrology reflects the virtually universal conviction that the cosmos is disenchanted."
"The universe is a fundamentally and irreducibly interconnected whole, informed by creative intelligence and pervaded by patterns of meaning and order that extend through every level, and that are expressed through a constant correspondence between astronomical events and human events."
on national horoscopes
"Experiment with the charts. Make predictions. And yes, prediction remains a perfectly valid exercise: one successful prediction reveals more about the nature of the universe than a hundred retrospective studies."
" Just as the individual is contained within the collective, so natal astrology can be seen as contained within mundane astrology."
"The modern nation state is largely a creation of the French revolution and is becoming increasingly irrelevant as capitalism becomes global."
"Astrology as a worldview shows us that everything is connected, that the individual is an interdependent part of the whole. "
"When Scorpio is rising, the U.S. has four planets in the eighth house, underscoring the national focus on acculating wealth and corporate influence."
"The biggest celebrities have natal planets closely connected to national planets. Their character may personify a specific planet or group of planets, so that they become a national icon or archetype."
"The natal chart is like a seed and progressions are the unfolding in time of that into the plant it is to become. Transits, are like a daily weather report. In political astrology, these three factors have to be taken into account!"
Reader Feedback... "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Finally, I don't see Sarah Palin (Failin') every time I call up your page. I'll be visiting more often now."
"Anyone who questions you about the recent publicity given to the zodiac or a new sign, tell them that is claimed by an astronomer who knows nothing about astrology or even what the tropical zodiac consists of.
"Western astrologers became dissatisfied with the sidereal zodiac of the constellations by the 5th century CE, and switched to the tropical zodiac that astrologers in the West have used ever since. The tropical zodiac coincided with the constellations in the year 221 CE. It took a couple of centuries, but astrologers did figure out that planets, signs, and charts should be measured from the equinox, not from a particular star.
"Western astrology starts the signs from the north or ascending node of intersection between the ecliptic and the celestial equator, the zero Aries or equinox point. Nodes are the intersections between planes and have always been important points in astrology. The resulting ecliptic hemispheres are then divided into the four quadrants and each quadrant has a beginning space, a middle space, and an end space, just like life. These are the signs of Western astrology. They are mathematically and geometrically elegant, as opposed to the irregular groupings of stars known as the constellations, which is what the Minnesota astronomer and media talking heads are ultimately referring to."
April 2009 - Dec. 2010
can be found at
Recent NewsScope columns
Nov. 1, 2010 - Election Day and the Scorpio Rising US chart, Silicon Valley, and Frank Sinatra, the Voice November 8, 2010 - John Boehner's horoscope, Pluto and "Quantitative Easing", and actress Jill Clayburgh November 15, 2010 - Pluto opposite the U.S. Jupiter, Teddy Roosevelt's gilded age, and Elizabeth Smart Nov 22, 2010 - the U.S. Saturn Return, plus the Sarah Palin book tour, and Prince William and Kate Nov. 29, 2010 - Kim Jong' un's horoscope, December's top five astro-events, and Mark Twain's autobiography December 6, 2010 - Julian Assange's horoscope, Afghainistan's Hamid Karzai, and Tron star Olivia Wilde Dec. 13, 2010 - Obama's tax cut deal, Ron Paul and the Fed, and besieged Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi Dec. 20, 2010 - transits to the U.S. horoscope, Amelia Earhart's return, and Julian Assange's chart refined. Jan. 3, 2011 lBrazil's Dilma Rousseff, super spy Anna Chapman, plus Kelsey Grammer's double Neptune January 10, 2011 - looks at Gabrielle Giffords' Mars, China's new horoscope, and Rahm Emanuel's residency January 17, 2011 - Tuni-sia's social network, chess prodigy Hou Youfin, David Arquette and Couteney Cox.
Steve Jobs' New Moon
A reader notes that Steve Jobs, who just recently announced another medical leave of absence, has tremendous talent in manifesting popular new technologies. "Do you expect his faith, vision, and positive expectations to carry over into manifesting positive health?" Pundits everywhere are also asking, what ails Jobs and how serious is it?
Steve Jobs was born with his Pisces Sun in the sixth house of health (February 24, 1955; 7:15 pm; San Francisco, CA). Transiting Neptune and Chiron in his 6th house have been wearing on his vitality (as they opposed natal Pluto), and will continue to do so over the next few years. However, with Mars strongly placed in Aries and trine Pluto, he has tremendous potential for complete regeneration.
However, Mars also participates in a Cardinal Grand Cross, which pulls his energies this way and that. He announced his leave as his progressed Moon entered his Grand Cross (squaring Uranus first). Also, Jobs is in a closure phase as described by his progressed New Moon, a 29-year cycle marking a major ending and new beginning. It takes place on July 24, 2011 at 1º33' Taurus where it closely squares his natal Chiron. This closure phase is about a serious health crisis, requiring plenty of rest and privacy to recuperate.
Transiting Chiron and Neptune are entering Pisces and will be conjoining his Pisces Sun over the next few years, which reiterates the theme of retreat and fading away. At the same time, transiting Jupiter, Uranus, and Pluto will be aligning with his Aries Moon, pushing him to be active. He needs to resist the temptation of a fully activated Aries Moon in order to recover.
NewsScope for January 24, 2011
by Michael Wolfstar
Ophiuchus Nears its Uranus Return
"What do you think about the addition of the new astrological sign?" a reader asks. The question assumes so much misinformation that it becomes difficult to answer. The simplest response is that it's not new, it's not astrological, and it's not about signs. On July 13, 1928 (Leiden, Netherlands, time unknown), the International Astronomical Union (IAU) added Ophiuchus to the 12 zodiac constellations on the ecliptic.
The date of their agreement serves as the starting point for the 13th "sign" controversy. Neptune in this chart is found at 27º Leo and refers to the unquantifiable mystique that we associate with the celestial luminaries. Uranus, as the natural ruler of astrology, is also relevant and is found at 7º Aries. Together, Uranus and Neptune can be seen as cultural trend setters, as they shape our beliefs (Neptune) and knowledge (Uranus) about our universe.
The last time an astronomer pointed out that astrology had a 13th sign was on January 20, 1995 when Jacqueline Mitton* made the same absurd claims that astrology was bunk because it wasn't using 13 signs. At the time, a transiting Uranus-Neptune conjunction in Capricorn was quincunx (150º) the 1928 Neptune. Now, transiting Neptune is opposite the 1928 Neptune while transiting Uranus is quincunx from Pisces.
In March 2011 Uranus enters Aries and over the following two years will be conjoining the 1928 IAU Uranus. Simultaneously, transiting Pluto in Capricorn will also be squaring the IAU 1928 Uranus. Uranus and Pluto activating the 1928 IAU agreement chart most likely indicates a restructuring of the public's perception about the difference between constellations and signs. The publicity in our networking age is bringing astrologers together as never before.
* For more on Mitton see Deborah Houlding's blog.Prior to 1928, map-makers were free to draw borders anywhere they wanted around constellations. During their third gathering, the International Astronomers Union (not astrologers) decided that it should be one of the constellations (not signs) of the "zodiacs", making 13 constellations on the ecliptic.
February's Top Five Astro-Events
1. Sun conjunct Mars on the 4th follows the New Moon on the 2nd, ensuring an energetic, event-filled month. The Sun-Mars dynamic activates political, religious, and military agendas, with leaders pushing aggressively to achieve their groups' goals. The first ten days of February may bring much conflict and violence, especially in the U.S. since this astro-event opposes the U.S. Midheaven.
2. U.S. progressed Venus opposes natal Juno on the 14th, a long-term influence that happens to become exact on Valentine's Day. Watch for an unusual number of celebrity weddings, separations, revelations and transitions. On the political front, women become news headliners, and we may see the beginning of a recovery in the jobs market (with progressed Venus in the 6th house).
3. The Full Moon on the 18th aligns with Neptune and Chiron, activating the transition point between Aquarius and Pisces. Many people will be entering new phases of their lives, whether in their professional world, partnerships, and/or health status. Since Venus and Saturn are in mutual reception, watch for an interesting trading of places. This is a good time to find natural remedies to replace insidious pharmaceuticals.
4. A triple conjunction involving Mercury, Mars and Neptune takes place on the 20th, energizing Aquarian visionaries and ideologues. This is a good time to get involved with your favorite cause. Spiritual warriors become expressive, the fight for equality and other humanitarian rights is elevated. For those who lack clarity, these few days (18th to 21st) can bring irrational violence, scandal, and misguided adventures.
5. Jupiter squares Pluto on the 25th, likely leading to a variety of new high-profile plans and programs aimed at rectifying large-scale problems. Big money is in play around this time (the last ten days of February), leading to corporate buy-outs and mergers, congressional bills about the deficit, and big moves in the stock market. Fanaticism and arrogance have their day; bad ideas are glorified.
Visit NeptuneCafe's Apple page for more on Steve Jobs, Apple, Inc., and charts for the iPhone and iPad.