"The natal chart is like a seed and progressions are the unfolding in time of that into the plant it is to become. Transits, are like a daily weather report. In political astrology, these three factors have to be taken into account!"
Search within NeptuneCafe
Recent NewsScope columns at NeptuneCafe:
January 4, 2010 - advise on new year's resolutions, a check into Iran's horoscope, and hero Jasper Schuringer Jan 11, 2010 - Yemen's President Ali Abdullah Saleh, Timothy Geithner, and Casey Johnson's death
and consultations from NeptuneCafe's resident astrologer.
January 18, 2010 - Haiti's earthquake, the eclipse hits the U.S. chart, and Google fights censorship in China. January 25, 2010 - the Supreme Court's decision, Feb's Top Five Astro-events, and Heidi Montag's surgery February 1, 2010 - Toyota's troubles, J.D. Salinger and Howard Zinn, and Hollywood legend Jean Simmons February 8, 2010 - the market outlook for 2010, China's 3:00 pm horoscope and Charlie Sheen. Feb 15, 2010 - Michelle Obama's Cause, Greece's financial crisis, and Ellen DeGeneris's Q rating Feb 22, 2010 - the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, March's Top Five, and Olympic snowboarder Chris Klug
Worried about the Cardinal T-square of Pluto, Saturn, and Uranus?
See a huge collection of useful articles on how to handle those transits by over 50 talented astrologers.
The International Astrology Day Blogathon will help you sort it out at:
NewsScope for March 29, 2010
by Michael Wolfstar
Obama's On a Roll
What does Ceres in Capricorn mean? Basically, Ceres is mythically associated with the Great Mother Goddess, and in Capricorn, the sign of government, she may represent an authoritative woman legislator. The video* of President Obama signing the historic Health Care Bill confirms this interpretation: as Obama thanked Nancy Pelosi at 11:44 am, the asteroid Ceres at 0º50' Capricorn was right on the Descendant.
Biden introduced Obama, and at the moment he turned the podium over to the President (11:36 am), the transiting Moon and Pluto were precisely opposite each other. This Moon-Pluto polarity has a close parallel in Obama's horoscope, since his progressed Moon was opposite natal Pluto (orb 0º08') at the same time. This configuration explains the bill's historic significance from Obama's perspective.
Pluto is the planet of change, not the shifting winds kind of change, but the deep, transformational changes that come along only once in a generation. Pluto rules Obama's Midheaven, his point of honor, and is found in the seventh house of partners and enemies. The lengthy process of passing health care reform was one of establishing who his partners were and whether his political opponents would help or become his enemies.
Behind the scenes, the same process was underway during negotiations with Russia. On March 25, with the progressed Moon now exactly opposite his Pluto, Obama signed a major nuclear arms reduction treaty with Russia, which is tentatively becoming a friend rather than a foe. Obama is on a roll, aided by transiting Mars edging forward in his sign Leo. Mars will reach his Sun by the end of April, lending celestial support to a new era of American leadership, both domestically and internationally.
Top Five Astro-Events for April
1. Pluto turns retrograde on April 6th, bringing potential geological disaster since the Sun is also squaring the Lunar Nodes. Mars forms a close quincunx to Pluto from the 5th through 11th when you can expect some shrill extremism in the political arena, and most likely, a wave of terrorism in the Middle East and other global hotspots.
2. Mercury turns retrograde on the 17th while in Taurus, beginning a three-week phase when money matters need re-thinking. Any purchases made in this interval may not live up to expectations and/or may need to be returned. During a challenging Mars square from the 23rd to 25th, be very careful what you say and avoid petty arguments.
3. The New Moon in Aries on the 14th brings high energy and spirits for all new endeavors and independent projects. However, a simultaneous Juno-Neptune square indicates a concurrent challenge within primary relationships. Watch for another celebrity break-up due to infidelity, and be on the alert for deception within your own relationship or within couples close to you.
4. The U.S. progressed Mercury is quincunx natal Neptune on the 14th, but an underlying vibration throughout the nation all month. This pairing fosters rumors, misinformation, scandals, confusion, and uncertainty. Technological products introduced now may go haywire or need upgrades soon. Watch out for those who promote and believe in things that just aren't true. Check the facts.
5. Saturn opposes Uranus on the 26th, the fourth time in a series of five. This combination is in effect all month and tends to have a bearish influence on the stock market and a polarizing effect in politics. The Uranian impulse for change gets a boost from nearby Jupiter: look for opportunities to radically alter or improve stagnant or dead-end situations.
Tops DWTS Leader Board
With a cast of fascinating celebrities competing on DWTS' tenth season, last week's premiere soared to the top of primetime TV ratings. Pamela Anderson did well enough with a sexy cha-cha, but both reality star mom Kate Gosselin and astronaut Buzz Aldrin looked clunky. Nicole Scherzinger, best known as the Pussycat Dolls' lead singer, scored two nines to secure an impressive early lead.
Nicole Scherzinger was born with a flamboyant Sun-Jupiter conjunction in imaginative Cancer (June 29, 1978; Honolulu, Hawaii; time unknown), a lucky combination that is enhanced with artistic creativity by the trine to Uranus, plus a need to dominate rivals by the square to Pluto. Nicole's Venus in royal Leo aspects the three outer planets, giving her a fashion sense that captures the archetypal aura of a goddess.
Ms. Scherzinger has most of the qualities needed* to win the coveted mirror-ball trophy. Her Sun forms a tight sextile to Mars in technically accurate Virgo, giving her the physical energy and vitality to endure the training. Her Taurus Moon (why do all the winners have their Sun or Moon in Taurus?) adds a sense of calm and grace – even while performing intensely intricate maneuvers.
And the timing couldn't be better: Nicole's progressed Mars in late Virgo is being tested by transiting Saturn, which will be exact at the show's final curtain. This aspect implies the hard work and discipline needed to overcome and shine. However, transiting Uranus will oppose her progressed Mars, indicating that upsets along the way are likely, and possibly a serious challenger.
March 1, 2010 - Chile's 8.8 earthquake, the Bloom Box, and Alice in Wonderland star Mia Wasikowska March 8, 2010 - Best Actor Jeff Bridges, Mars turns direct and anger, plus the European Union's horoscope March 15, 2010 - New York's wounded politicians, Greater Israel, and Betty White's Comeback at 88. March 22, 2010 - Pluto's role in financial reform, Pope Benedict's troubles, and Sandra Bullock's marriage.
2009 NewsScope columns designed for this website are located in the
Oct. 1999 - March 2009 can be found at the